- Contest begins on November 16th and ends at the close of business on December 30th;
- At least $800 in prizes will be awarded;
- There will be several prizes awarded, depending on the number of participating businesses;
- Contest entry forms are available at participating businesses beginning the day the contest begins (exact locations will be announced and promoted during the contest on Roane Chamber Facebook);
- Completed cards should be dropped in the designated boxes located at a participating business by the deadline
- Winners will be drawn and announced by Tuesday, January 4 on the Roane Chamber Facebook Page and will receive an email and/or call per info provided on entry form
- Drawing will be done by a non-Allliance staff member and videotaped and will be posted on Facebook;
- Winner(s) will be contacted by the information provided on the entry card on the same day as the drawing, and every attempt will be made to reach all winner(s) within 48 hours;
- If after 48 hours all efforts have failed in contacting winner(s), another name may be drawn;
- Winner(s) agree to meet a Chamber representative at a winning business location (or another participating business) to receive the prize;
- Winner(s) agree to have a photo taken with their prize, and used by the Roane Chamber in promoting the contest;
- Winners will need to claim prize by 5 pm Friday, January 7 by contacting the Roane Chamber at 865-376-2093 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners may pick up their prize beginning Tuesday, January 4 at the Roane Chamber office at 1209 N. Kentucky Street, Kingston Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am – 5 pm.
- Ineligible to win: Roane Alliance staff and their immediate family, Roane Chamber Board Members, and employees of the participating business, unless they enter at another participating business.
Businesses participating in the 2021 Shop Where Your Heart Is Shopping Spree include: Griffin Insurance, Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union, Scandlyn Lumber Company, Lakeview Dental Arts, A-1 Tactical and Safety, Tennessee's Finest Awards & Frameworks, Chase Drugs, Twisted Sisters Florist, E2 Sports, Beyond All Measure, Earl Duff Subaru Kingston, Earl Duff Subaru Harriman, Everly Blu, Rosie's Farmhouse Life, Shoney's Restaurant, Heaven's Gift Children's Boutique, Pattersons Home Appliance Center, Jerry's Bait Shop, and Burger Station 120
Shopping Spree Contest
One of the more popular campaigns of the Shop Roane program is the annual shopping spree contest that launches in November and runs several weeks leading up to Christmas. The Chamber understands this is a very important time when local businesses are looking to increase sales while having to compete with online and much larger stores during the holiday shopping season. This contest encourages customers to visit those participating businesses and shop while there.
The 2021 Shop Where Your Heart Is contest will officially begin on Monday, November 16th. Participating businesses will be announced once the contest begins. Shoppers who attend (and shop!) the Jingle & Mingle Market hosted by the Roane Chamber on November 13th and 14th will have the first chance to enter the contest!
The Roane Chamber hopes everyone will Shop Local this holiday season! And be sure to visit any (or all) of the participating businesses and enter the Roane Chamber’s annual shopping spree contest for a chance to win a minimum of $800!
To become a participating business, you must have a store front in Roane County with regular posted business hours. The cost to participate is $100 per business that will go toward the cash prizes and advertising. Each participating business will receive entry forms and a box for their store. The Chamber will promote each of the participating businesses on social media, on the radio and in the Roane County News during the weeks of the contest.
Customers may enter the contest at any participating business for a chance to win up to $800 in prizes. Several winners will split the prizes, depending on the number of participating businesses.
Typically, winners are drawn during the annual Roane Alliance Christmas Open House, but due to COVID-19 the 2021 open house will not be held. Winners will be drawn and announced by Tuesday, January 4 on the Roane Chamber Facebook page and will receive an email and/or call per the info provided on the entry form. See below for complete contest rules.
Roane County retailers wanting to participate in the 2021 Shop Where Your Heart Is Shopping Spree need to contact the Roane Chamber at email@example.com or call 865.376.2039
Info for participating businesses:
- The contest is available to any Roane County business with a storefront and regular business hours;
- The contest will run from 11/16 - 12/30;
- All participating businesses will receive entry cards, special markers, contest boxes and instructions on or before November 16
- Participating businesses may pick up these items at the Roane Chamber by November 12 or at the Jingle & Mingle Market on November 13th;
- Businesses are responsible for marking the cards in $10 increments based on sales before taxes;
- Contest boxes will be picked up between December 30 and January 4 or dropped off at the Roane Alliance between December 27 and December 31;
- Drawing will be held Tuesday, January 4 Live on Facebook at randomly selected available participating business(s)
- The cost for a non-retail business to participate is $50*
- The cost for a retail business to participate is $50 + (2) $25 gift cards/certificates from the participating business to be used in the Grand Prize(s)**
Participating businesses attending J&M will be provided their entry forms and point of entry box to begin the contest
*Non-retail businesses may participate in the contest by providing contest entry forms and/or entry for a $100 Visa Gift Card prize, with no purchase necessary
**Only retail businesses can participate in the Grand Prize giveaway by providing (2) $25 gift cards/certificates for the grand prize(s) that require a contestant to spend at least $100 at the participating retailers; winners will be required to visit those participating stores that provided the gift cards/certificates
Roane Chamber will provided the following on 11/15 or 11/16:
- Blank entry cards
- Point of Entry contest box to all participating businesses
- Special Pens for retailers to mark the cards for each $10 purchase
- Signage/posters for display
Top reasons and added advantage for any business to participate:
- Contestants visit your business to pick up an entry card;
- Participating businesses are listed on the card; and
- Participating businesses are promoted on social media during the contest.
- Increases the opportunity for customers to visit your business and shop; and
- Opportunity to bring the winners back into your business after Christmas to spend their gift cards.
Past Shopping Spree Winners
Nate Nelson, won from A1 Tactical & Safety
Micah Rusinek, won from Lakeview Dental Arts
Terry Hines, won from Chase Drugs
Rose Nelson, won from Old Capital Public House
Keta Mize, won from Emory Lane Family Boutique
Joann Messimer, won from Lowe's Home Improvement
Dee Dee Howell, won from Emory Lane Family Boutique
Kirk Papa, won from Burger Station 120
Darrell Barnes, won from G&G Gun Shop
Alex Garvey, won from ACME Block & Brick, Kingston
Debb Harper, won from Lowes, Harriman
Vicki Abernathy, won from Ratchet's Bar & Grill
Carol Hicks, won from Lowes, Harriman
Charlene Frogg, won from Farm Bureau Kingston
Richard Suddath, won from G&G Gun Shop
John Baker, won from Wal-Mart, Rockwood
Maxine Schunert, won from Rocky Top General Store
Connie Willis, won Rocky Top General Store
Tammy Darland, won from Sears of Harriman
Jo Ann Jones, won from Rocky Top General Store
Dennis Ellis, Rocky Top General Store
Doug Young, Rockwood
Karen Leachman, Kingston
Macel Lewallen, Wartburg
Holly Davis, Rockwood
Wanda Smith, Rockwood
Mary O’Shell, Kingston
Dorothy Paquet, Kingston
Robin Williams, Harriman
Kaye McCullough, Rockwood
Jane Reed, Spring City
Christy Wombles, Oakdale